Citizens' oversight of public resource generation, management and utilization strengthened to enhance public accountability, access to, and efficient delivery of services.
- Key policies on the generation and management of public resources benefiting the majority of the population, especially the poor people
- Budget processes at national and local levels respond to priorities for poverty reduction
- Corruption, wastage and misuse of public resources reduced and accountability improved
Key policies on the generation and management of public resources benefiting the majority of the population especially the poor and marginalized people
- Citizens/ CSOs with capacity to track and influence Aid and Debt acquisition and sustainability for poverty reduction
- UDN and partners participating and influencing national, regional and international forums on economic and political cooperation
- Citizens and CSOs influencing key poverty-reduction policies and programmes to address the needs and priorities of the poor and marginalized groups
Government budgets at national and local levels respond to poverty reduction priorities
- Citizens and CSOs in selected districts empowered to influence national and local government budget processes
- Fiscal and monetary policies analysed to assess their responsiveness to poverty reduction and human development
- Capacity of citizens to influence policies on the generation and management of public resources and to demand for transparency, accountability and wider associational space increased19
Corruption, wastage and misuse of public resources reduced; and transparency and accountability improved
- Citizens and CSOs mobilized and sensitized on existing anti-corruption laws, regulations and institutions and engage these institutions to implement their mandates against corruption.
- 2National and local coalitions/alliances promoted and supported to undertake advocacy campaigns against corruption, wastage and misuse of public resources
- Platforms for CSOs and the public to engage government on corruption, accountability and transparency functional